Thursday, September 27, 2012

IQTELL - The next big thing?



Recently, I got to participate as a beta tester for IQTELL which  uses the slogan "The Best Productivity App in the History of Doing."  This web based client is a mash-up of a number of important services that I utilize daily including my email, calendar, Evernote, and the GTD philosophy.

I went through a training a few days ago which provided an overview of the client and I have to say that I'm very pleased thus far IQTELL.  The vast options available are at first a bit overwhelming and the web-based didn't really grab me the first time I logged in.  One strength I've noted of Evernote is the ability to have a PC and Mac based application that allows offline use.  IQTELL doesn't appear to offer this.  With that said, I am warming to this application and have a feeling that it will become a very strong product that I will be using for a very long time.

The strengths of this program are vast and for those of you that are into the GTD philosophy this is a real dream come true in terms of integration.  Instead of working in multiple programs -you can work within one dashboard. Once I get everything setup, I believe this will quickly become my favorite productivity app.

I think the sheer number of options it comes with can be a bit overwhelming so it will require some patience and learning to truly get this software running your life.  Again - I stress "running your life" because I think this thing can help make work-life integration much better than anything I've seen thus far on the market.  I don't think it's a replacement for Evernote but it sure is a nice compliment to Evernote.  If my comments have intrigued you enough to try it, go to the IQTELL website and ask to sign up as a beta tester.  With some patience and practice, I think you'll find this to be well worth the time investment.

Oh - I almost forgot! They have Android and IOS apps for the client as well to assist with the GTD functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment